Videos should be recorded in the spirit of a live audition or recital performance. You may record in any venue suited to you, with natural acoustics, with or without an audience. Dress professionally, as you would for a live performance.
- The entire performance must be taken in one take, without any sound or video editing.
- Recordings must be made no earlier than three months prior to the application deadline, and must be in accordance with the repertoire guidelines.
- Performances are to be within the time limits to be considered as eligible for the competition.
- It is recommended that videos recording should be made in the highest quality possible.
- Please note that where repertoire choice or other submission requirements are not met, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Have your camera record from a fixed position as if three adjudicators were seated in front of you.
- Face straight forward to the camera as you would appear to adjudicators in a live performance.
- You are encouraged to not put the camera too close to the instrument, as it can compromise sound quality.
- Ensure that the video consistently captures the performer and the instrument, the whole of the keyboard(s) should be visible and, where applicable and possible, the pedals should also be in view.
- The performer may be assisted by a page turner.
YouTube Video Format
- Name your video in this format: NAME [Age Group], Composer: Repertoire.
(E.g. Lee Tin Ven [6 and under], Traditional: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
- Copy the shareable link and insert it into the registration form.